Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Thought for the Day: We Gotta Get Outta This Place

I got up this morning with this song in my head and haven't been able to get rid of it yet.



It occurred to me
that this could easily be a message from our guardian angels reminding us of the poison of sin. Come on, gals or guys, "we gotta get out of this place!" No more grumbling and griping; no more drugs, sex and rock and roll. Fill your thoughts with charity and love and let your actions glorify God.

"Because there's one thing I know is true." If we don't get (you) outta this place "you'll be dead (in sin) before your time is due." And you better repent before the day of Judgment! Because, "Girl, there's a better life for me and you!"

Hmm...rings a chord of truth doesn't it? Think of all the self-destructive life styles and behaviors that lead, not only to moral death, but to early physical death as well.

We are all sinners and we all need to "get outta this place." If you haven't been to confession in awhile, don't wait any longer. The Great Physician is waiting to heal you like he healed the man with the shriveled arm in today's Gospel.

3 comments:

  1. Indeed Mary Ann!! I believe time is short, and most probably the guardian angels are in high gear!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can tell you this, Mary Ann.

    That line from that song goes through my mind every time I have to deal with the once-a-month "guitar Mass" by our parish "folk group." :-/

    Aie-aie-aie.

    Right, get me outta here!

    Catechist Kev

    ReplyDelete
  3. The line that goes through my head every time I deal with a weird Mass is the part where the priest says, "The Mass is ended" and I truthfully say, "THANKS BE TO GOD!!"

    ReplyDelete